Have you ever wanted to visit the land of the Bible?
Check out all the details on the ISRAEL TRIP INFORMATION PAGE.
I’m Greg Hall and you’ve landed at the “Rethinking Scripture” website where we like to rethink what we thought we already knew about the Bible.
The Rethinking Scripture books, podcast, projects, and studies are all designed to introduce you to new insights in biblical theology.
The Launch Party for my first book, Rethinking Rest, was a huge success!
I signed books, read excerpts, and told stories about how it all came together.
Rethinking Rest is available
or wherever you buy your books!
Stream episodes of the podcast through your favorite streaming service… or this link:
Here’s a recent episode…
All-America Listener Challenge
The blue spaces on the map represent where listeners have downloaded the Rethinking Scripture Podcast. Who do you know that lives in a state that still needs listeners? Let’s fill up the map!
New Listeners This Last Year!
NEW STATES : Alabama (Gulf Shores, Opelika, Trussville), Alaska (North Pole), Arizona (Buckeye), Arkansas (Harrison), Indiana (Bloomington), Iowa (Ankeny), Kentucky (Bedford), Mississippi (Jackson), Missouri (Bolivar), New Hampshire (Corinth), New Jersey (Jersey City), New Mexico (Ruidoso), Ohio (Marietta), Oklahoma (Broken Bow)
NEW CITIES : California (Alhambra, Berkeley, Concord, Eureka, Fremont, Laguna Woods, Long Beach, Loomis, Morgan Hill, Renondo Beach, Rocklin, Oakley, Ontario, San Dimas, San Pedro, Upland) / Colorado (Montrose, Rifle) / Florida (Bartow, Gainesville) / Georgia (Grovetown) / Indiana (Evansville) / Louisiana (Shreveport), Massachusetts (Sommerville) / Minnesota (Superior, Victoria) / Montana (Great Falls, Nashua) / Nevada (Sparks) / New York (Clifton Park) / Oklahoma (Clayton, Sapulpa) / South Carolina (Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, Summerville) / Tennessee (Antioch, Clarksville & Huntsville, Paris) / Texas (Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Shertz & Nacogdoches) / Virginia (Gloucester) / Washington (Bainbridge Island, Olympia, Walla Walla)
NEW COUNTRIES : Austria (Vienna) / Canada (Brandon, Toronto, Orangeville, Oshawa, Ottawa, Prince George, Scarborough, Spruce Grove, Winnipeg) / Croatia (Sveti Martin na Muri, Zagreb) / Ecuador (Guayaquil) / England (Cardiff, Dunstable, Waterlooville) / Germany (Dresden) / Netherlands (Voorberg) / Norway / Peru (Arequipa), Philippines (Quezon City) / Poland (Gorzów Wielkopolski) / Spain (Conturiz) / Trinidad and Tobago (Arima, Petit Valley), Uruguay (Aguas Dulces), Venezuela (Guayaquil, Portoviejo)
Use the “Connect” tab at the top of the page to…
- Reach out and let me know you’re listening.
- Subscribe to the quarterly Newsletter Email
- Schedule a time to chat…
Latest Blog Posts
- Remembering Michael Heiser and His Unseen RealmIn episode 70 of the Rethinking Scripture Podcast. I take the whole episode to memorialize the passing of the theologian and scholar, Dr. Michael S. Heiser. In 2020, Heiser was diagnosed with an aggressive case of Pancreatic cancer. On Feb 15, 2023 he turned 60, and five days later he transitioned to experience the unseen … Continue reading
- Why “Rethinking Rest” Offers a Unique Sabbath PerspectiveHave you abandoned the sabbath? Do you feel disenfranchised with the practices of the modern Church? Are you willing to rethink what you thought you already knew? “Rethinking Rest: Why Our Approach to Sabbath Isn’t Working” will challenge you to expand your scope and reengage the topic in new ways. Its simple practicality is a breath of fresh air for what has become a stagnant discussion along party lines. Continue reading
- The Rethinking Babel ProjectThe modern understanding and practical applications attributed to the spiritual gifts are diverse. Specifically, the gift of tongues can be a hotly debated topic. Like most people in the church today, I’ve often questioned whether I’ve really understood the whole of the Biblical teaching on this topic. Below is a link to a working hypothesis. … Continue reading
- The Use of Water and Spirit in John’s GospelThere’s a water theme in the book of John. Have you noticed? Continue reading
- You Can’t Judge a Book by Its Cover… (John 4)The contents of a book can often be surprising. People can be like that too. Continue reading
- The Curious Case of Nick at Night (John 3)Let’s consider Nicodemus in a new light. Continue reading
- What Time is It?… (John 2)In his gospel, John uses the “hour” as a way to build anticipation of the culmination of Jesus’ ministry. Continue reading
- A Unique Invitation… (John 1)How do you get people from different cultures interested in your writings? You invite them by showing the cultural relevance of your content. Continue reading
- The Magnificent Sevens… In the Book of JohnFor John, the author of several Biblical books, the number “7” was truly a magnificent number. Continue reading
- What’s the Value of our Talents? (Matthew 25)The knowledge we’ve been given about how God works in the unseen realm is something of great value. It’s a “talanton”… Continue reading