We had an amazing Launch Party for the premier of my first book, Rethinking Rest! Over 50 people showed up at the IKE Box Cafe in Salem, OR.
I signed books, read excerpts, and told stories about how it all came together.
I’m Greg Hall and you’ve landed at the “Rethinking Scripture” website where we like to rethink what we thought we already knew about the Bible.
The Rethinking Scripture books, podcast, projects, and studies are all designed to introduce you to new insights in biblical theology.
Stream episodes of the podcast through your favorite streaming service… or this link:
Here’s a recent episode…
All-America Listener Challenge
The blue spaces on the map represent where listeners have downloaded the Rethinking Scripture Podcast. Who do you know that lives in a state that still needs listeners? Let’s fill up the map!
New Listeners in 2022!
NEW STATES : Alabama (Gulf Shores, Opelika, Trussville), Alaska (North Pole), Arizona (Buckeye), Arkansas (Harrison), Indiana (Bloomington), Iowa (Ankeny), Kentucky (Bedford), Mississippi (Jackson), Missouri (Bolivar), New Hampshire (Corinth), New Jersey (Jersey City), New Mexico (Ruidoso), Ohio (Marietta), Oklahoma (Broken Bow)
NEW CITIES : California (Alhambra, Berkeley, Concord, Eureka, Fremont, Laguna Woods, Long Beach, Loomis, Morgan Hill, Renondo Beach, Rocklin, Oakley, Ontario, San Dimas, San Pedro, Upland) / Colorado (Montrose, Rifle) / Florida (Bartow, Gainesville) / Georgia (Grovetown) / Indiana (Evansville) / Louisiana (Shreveport), Massachusetts (Sommerville) / Minnesota (Superior, Victoria) / Montana (Great Falls, Nashua) / Nevada (Sparks) / New York (Clifton Park) / Oklahoma (Clayton, Sapulpa) / South Carolina (Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, Summerville) / Tennessee (Antioch, Clarksville & Huntsville, Paris) / Texas (Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Shertz & Nacogdoches) / Virginia (Gloucester) / Washington (Bainbridge Island, Olympia, Walla Walla)
NEW COUNTRIES : Austria (Vienna) / Canada (Brandon, Toronto, Orangeville, Oshawa, Ottawa, Prince George, Scarborough, Spruce Grove, Winnipeg) / Croatia (Sveti Martin na Muri, Zagreb) / Ecuador (Guayaquil) / England (Cardiff, Dunstable, Waterlooville) / Germany (Dresden) / Netherlands (Voorberg) / Norway / Peru (Arequipa), Philippines (Quezon City) / Poland (Gorzów Wielkopolski) / Spain (Conturiz) / Trinidad and Tobago (Arima, Petit Valley), Uruguay (Aguas Dulces), Venezuela (Guayaquil, Portoviejo)
Use the “Connect” tab at the top of the page to…
- Reach out and let me know you’re listening.
- Subscribe to the quarterly Newsletter Email
- Schedule a time to chat…
Latest Blog Posts
- The Rethinking Babel ProjectThe modern understanding and practical applications attributed to the spiritual gifts are diverse. Specifically, the gift of tongues can be a hotly debated topic. Like most people in the church today, I’ve often questioned whether I’ve really understood the whole of the Biblical teaching on this topic. Below is a link to a working hypothesis. … Continue reading
- The Use of Water and Spirit in John’s GospelThere’s a water theme in the book of John. Have you noticed? Continue reading
- You Can’t Judge a Book by Its Cover… (John 4)The contents of a book can often be surprising. People can be like that too. Continue reading
- The Curious Case of Nick at Night (John 3)Let’s consider Nicodemus in a new light. Continue reading
- What Time is It?… (John 2)In his gospel, John uses the “hour” as a way to build anticipation of the culmination of Jesus’ ministry. Continue reading
- A Unique Invitation… (John 1)How do you get people from different cultures interested in your writings? You invite them by showing the cultural relevance of your content. Continue reading
- The Magnificent Sevens… In the Book of JohnFor John, the author of several Biblical books, the number “7” was truly a magnificent number. Continue reading
- What’s the Value of our Talents? (Matthew 25)The knowledge we’ve been given about how God works in the unseen realm is something of great value. It’s a “talanton”… Continue reading
- Signs of the End of the Age (Matthew 24)Sometimes repeating the question in slightly different terms makes all the difference in the world. Continue reading
- Where’s the Beginning of the End (Matthew 23)Are Jesus’ comments in Matthew 23 supposed to be understood as a part of the Olivet Discourse? Continue reading